With so many options around town, why while away those limited sunshine hours, studying for summer exams in the library? Everywhere has wifi these days and getting out and about can be a more exciting, tastier and more motivating option. If the furthest you’ve been for this purpose is the local Starbucks, you are in dire need of the following:
Best Around London:
- Google Campus – Where better to research than at the home of modern day searching itself, google campus London and sign up. Speedy wifi guaranteed.
- Langham Hotel – Spacious bar and lobby for working in, central location and with a discounted spa for RSM members.
- V+A – you can work outdoors by the fountain or in the cafe. It also has its own library
- Bloomsbury coffee house – in Camden, a hit with the local students from UCL
- Artisan – Located in Chiswick and perfect if you like the small, cosy local feel.
- Waterstones in Picadilly – five floors of reading paradise. The only problem is it’s too easy to get distracted by the amazing array of different books on offer, you have to resist the desire to dip into a little of all of them.
- The Wellcome Collection in Euston, check out the exhibition of the month before sinking into a seat at the cafe. It also has its own library and is located opposite the British library.
- Timber yard in Covent Garden offers books shelves, computers and muffins
- Brew cafe – many branches around London but I particularly like the Putney branch with its winter fires and sheepskins
- Sky Garden in Monument – like reading in a giant conservatory, with cocktails
- This website also has some more great suggestions around WC1
My Favourite Locals in Fulham/Chelsea:
- Imperial Wharf Cafe – delicious food, by the river and comfy sofas
- Boma – outdoor seating and friendly staff
- Chelsea Design Centre – Like an upmarket B+Q with a quiet cafe, great for meetings and reading
- RSM – The royal society of medicine library, every interesting book you could dream of and great location
- Jak’s – fresh food, cute cupcakes, sofas and large screens. The perfect basement for hiding away when its raining.
- Megan’s – can be a little noisy but during off peak times its great for reading in the fairy-lit gardens and eating cookies with warm milk.